Friday 1 November 2013

My Last Love - Historical Fiction

this is the cover of my historical fiction hehehe :)
I made it by myself and it was messy-_-


Author: Olethea

Main character: Arimbi and Daniel Both

Genre: Romance, Drama, Tragedy

This Historical Fiction dedicated for my teachers who helped me with my english hehe (ms. Priscilla and ms. Rennie)^^

This is my Mother Tongue Class assignment hohoho. The topic was Historical Fiction. I have chosen WWII story - when the Dutch colonized Indonesia.

So.. Enjoy! hehe

My name is Daniel Both. Once upon a time, there was an Indonesian woman name Arimbi.  My father is a Dutch general; he is kind and nice to everyone, and also to Indonesians. On 1st August 1919, I was in Edo Rice Field, Bandung, Indonesia. My father sent me there to patrol the fields to see how the farmers harvest their spice plantation. It was a good day. Suddenly, something caught my eyes. Someone was giving food to her father, Edo, and it was a beautiful young woman. I got to find out that her name is Arimbi. That’s how I met her. I ran back to my dad, Pieter, to ask him to make Arimbi our house helper. I wanted to be closer to her and get to know her. I would help her with the housework, then I can talk more with her. I would see her everyday and we talked to each other all the time. As time goes by, we slowly fell in love with each other and I knew I wanted her to be mine.



However, Nancy, my mother, found out that Arimbi and I were in love and dating. She was very mad and wanted us to break up. She did not want me to marry Arimbi because of our difference in status. Horrible things started to happen. Nancy even started to treat Arimbi terribly. I would discover bruises on Arimbi’s arms; I found her crying when I asked her what happened. Even her face was marked with red bruises like somebody slapped her hard. I decided that I had to stop this torture. She was hurt and so was I. I told Arimbi that she had to run away with me from this place. We could start a new life together and no one would stop us. We ran as fast we could and escaped to a forest in Bandung.  When I decided that we were safe enough from the place of danger, I proposed to Arimbi and told her I wanted to marry her.  I took her hand and knelt down, saying “Arimbi, I promise to protect you for the rest of my life. I want you to be mine and we will be together for as long as we live. Let’s be married. I want to be your husband and I want you to be my wife. Mother may not want this but I know our Fathers will agree to this.” We got married shortly with my father and Edo’s blessings. We decided to build our home there where we made a hut in the middle of the forest.

This is my Historical Fiction that I hand it in to my teacher hehe


After a few months, my life turned for the worst. The Dutch police found out that Arimbi and I were hiding in a hut in the forest. They had been looking for us, thanks to my cruel mother. One terrible day when I came home to the hut, I heard a loud scream. I was shocked at what I saw in front of me. My beloved wife was pushed to the floor with her long beautiful hair roughly pulled by a Dutch police monster, and another Dutch police who was pointing his shotgun at her head. The moment she saw me, she cried out, “Save me!!!!” I ran towards her but the Dutch Policeman who was pulling her hair said roughly, “Come any closer and we will finish her off.” With tears streaming down her face, Arimbi looked at me and said, “I do not think they will let me go. I have your child my Dear. I’m sorry I could not protect our baby. I love you.” I screamed her name and the next thing I heard pierced my ears and heart. “BANG!!!!!!” My wife fell on the floor, lifeless.

My life since then was filled with emptiness and loneliness. Why couldn’t I keep my promise to protect my only love? Since I cannot do it. There’s no point in me remaining here. I would be happier being with my wife and child in death. The day was 1st August 1921. I decided it would be a good day. I took the gun, and put it in my mouth and prepared myself to see them again, I pull the trigger.

How was it? Pretty bad, huh? I hope I will get good mark on this assignment hehe^^

She put all of our work on the wall of my class><
As you can see is not only Bahasa. There's Mongolian, Chinese, Sweden, etc. hehe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment